News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

Broken door handle

Started by squeeky clean, 20 September 2007 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

squeeky clean

Our back door handle has broken but we are having a nightmare replacing it as it doesn't seem to be made anymore!

We went to our local door and window company and he said we wouldn't be able to find one so it means a new door. Please help! We can't afford a new door!

Xavier

Yes, can you believe the cheek of these companies, after selling doors for around £1000 they then expect you to shell out again for a replacement one when your handle wears and breaks.

I got told the same story by my local window company but ended up finding a replacement online. It took only a few minutes to fit and is working fine now. I think the company was safe and sound or something similar. will look up the receipt and get back to you "Squeeky".

Chris

You should be able to find a suitable replacement online. Try Typing "upvc door handle" into google search or check out this link https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/handles

You will then need to compare your handle with dimensions given. If you are unable to find a replacement then try emailing the supplier photos of the handle set (inside and out) along with any dimensions you have. If you also find a name printed into the multipoint lock down the side of the door and photographs of the multipoint lock this will help them identify which handles you need.