News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

St Helens glass door problem

Started by craig ne, 27 June 2007 01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig ne

I have a door that was put in by St Helens glass. The handle and the gearbox mechanism that is inside the door are badly worn and I'm struggling to lock it. I want to replace these parts because I think that soon the door may not lock at all. The problem is St Helens glass don't use those parts any longer so cannot help me. The gearbox lock has a silver faceplate approx 180mm long. Where can I get these parts from if they are still produced?

Chris

St Helens glass used a gearbox lock called an "ABT York MKI" which had a silver face plate approx 180mm long. The handle set to suit this lock must be 48mm PZ. That means 48mm from the centre of the spindle hole to the centre of the key hole. You could try searching google (results from the UK) for "ABT York MK upvc door lock".

Alternatively click on this link to view directly the upvc door lock and handle set.
https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/locks-gearing/multipoint-upvc-door-locks/st-helens-upvc-door-locks/st-helens-glass-zenith-staybrite-door-lock

Lord_of_manner

Very interesting,

I have St Helens glass windows and doors too. They have worked well for the past 15 years but just now and again the door is difficult to lock.

I would be most thank full if you let me how you go on with your door "Craig ne" as I may need to repair mine in the future

Thanks.