News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

Changing euro lock on upvc door

Started by bright light, 26 June 2007 04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright light

???
We have moved into our own flat now and i wanted to ask how we can change the main door barrel lock. Our door is upvc double glazed. Can we buy a lock from diy shops and fit it ourselves (if its simple job) or do we need a locksmith to do it.

jazzy_b

Yes you can buy these locks but beware: they come in many different sizes so you will need to measure yours first.

Remove the "Euro" lock from the door by removing the screw holding it in place on the side of the door. Turn the key one way then the other and pull/push the lock at the same time until it slides out.

Measure from one end to the centre of the fixing screw hole then from the other end to the centre of the screw hole. Measure this in millimetres. This will give you the size required eg 35/45

The part should cost no more than £15 really.

You will be able to find one on google by typing in "upvc euro door lock" or something similar.

Chris

Yes you should be able to buy one online for around £12 plus P&P or you could try a local hardware store.

If you think it is too complicated for you to do yourself then you could call out a locksmith or upvc repair company and expect to pay £60 - £100.

Personally I would replace the part myself as it is very easy to do and saves a lot of money.

Pete Smith

I bought one online.

I was happy with the lock and it arrived the day after I ordered it. The direct link to the product is

https://www.upvc-hardware.co.uk/locks-gearing/euro-cylinder-lock-barrels