News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

Yale 2 hook, one deadbolt problem

Started by Doorjam, 19 November 2011 10:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doorjam

I have a 15 year old upvc door with a Yale system, 2 hooks, one deadbolt, one latch. Centres seem to be the standard 35/92, with the hooks 430 and 320 below and above the door handle spindle.

The grub screws immediately above and below the hook mechanisms seem to have dropped out, and now the top hook does not come out fully, and I cannot lock the door with the hooks extended.

I have tried MPL and they do not seem to have an obvious match for the whole mechanism.

Do you think the grub screws simple need relpacing, and if so, where the devil do I get these from?  If the whole mechanism needs replacing, I am told it is no longer manufactured, and there does not seem to be an obvious alternative?  Bit scared to pay £100+ completely on spec, and also a bit concerned about taking the whole lot out and 'tinkering'.

Thanks

Iceni

Obtaining grub screws should be easy enough, just find a Fastener company in your area and take a sample with you.

If you only want a couple they will probably just give them to you as they often give out 6 - 10 as samples to those buying a load.

Doorjam

Sorted thanks.

Did find a 'fastenings' shop locally.....brilliant!  So many screws etc, and half the price of B&Q.

Anyway, they had what I wanted for 79p, it did fix the problem as I had hoped, and lo, saved £99.21!