News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

Tilt and turn door ~ Handle Position

Started by Paul Baker, 31 December 2013 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Baker

I have ordered a Siegenia 3Gr.4TL FFH 1880-2380 with a backset of 15mm to replace the broken drive gear locking mechanism on my patio door, when it arrives I will cut the part to length and fit it aligning the cams.
The door is locked by turning the handle anti clockwise from the bottom to the top ( fully open at 6 oclock via 3 to closed and fully locked at12  if that makes sense ) when the the handle is at 3 the door can tilt but not slide, now here is my question ~ in which position do I replace the handle, it has to turn anti clockwise because the door closes to a wall and, from experimenting with the old mechanism, I know the little gear will drop if I have to remove the handle so I need to get it right first time.
The easiest answer would be to remove the handle from the square bar which fits into the gear of course, I've tried to do that but don't have the right tool for it ~ looks like some special screwdriver is needed.
Cheers
Paul

Paul Baker

Typical !!  as soon as I sent my query I was able to free the bar from the handle so, hopefully, I'll be able to sort things for myself now, famous last words of course  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
If anyone does know the proper position to fit it in relation to the cam positions it'd stil be a help tho'

Cheers
Paul

Paul Baker

Part received on 4th Jan and fitted within the hour with no problem ~ if anyone else wanted to know the answer it is quite clear. The part is supplied with the cam in the central position ~ therefore the handle fits in the central position, or mid point of operation too. After making sure the cams on the door aligned centrally with those on the replacement part I cut it to length, placed it into the frame, attached the handle and it was done !!   
Sorry it was such a basic question, I suppose I was looking for problems that weren't there !!!