News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

Gap in uPVC window

Started by ANDMOL, 18 November 2009 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ANDMOL

Hi there,

I have bought a house built in 2001 with uPVC windows. The windows round the wooden patio doors appear to be sagging. There is a gap you can see daylight through when you close the windows (between window opener and frame at top opening side). The windows are solid and do not move with my attempts to lift them, in fact they just appear to be fitted with a sag.

I would like to know if there is a way to adjust the window in the frame. The hinges look to be standard (after looking at pics on internet). The glass units are fine in the opener, just appears to be the opener that saggs. I wondered if the window opener hinges have just been fitted in the wrong place????

Any suggestions, I would be grateful.

ANDMOL

Chris

I don't see a problem in adjusting the position of the hinges to see if that improves things. Fisrt try moving the frame side of the hinges up, if there's no room then adjust the position of the hinge arms fastened to the opening sash.

If this doesn't work then you probably have a miss-made window where the opening sash has been made too small for the frame.

ANDMOL

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this, I'm just waiting for a good day to start the work.

ANDMOL