News:

Helping more people every day!

Main Menu

Possibly obsolete door latch keeper

Started by grillocks, 24 July 2010 04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grillocks

My back door is over 16 years old and it has a couple of things that I will call "keepers" for want of the correct term ...these appear to catch gold of the latching/locking system when the door handle is pressed in an upwards direction (see photo). The other day, part of one of these latches snapped and (from the look of it) it did so because it had worn through. As luck would have it, only half the latch is used and may be turned upside down as a temporary fix. Naturally, I would like to be able to buy some spares and my main problem is that I have no idea what they are called or where to source them. Anyone got any answers?

Iceni

The part is a zinc diecasting - and being 16 years old is probably obsolete but there are lots of similar 'keeps' still being used.

Now finding one - take a good one to a few local window comapnies and ask - look at windows in their showrooms.

Try looking on-line at window hardware comapies - Roto Frank (Tilt & Turn windows) I think a tilt & turn keep is going to be quite close (there are so many)

http://www.pmsdiecasting.co.uk/diecasting/diecast-window-furniture-fittings/?gclid=CLqDkc_VtKMCFRQ9lAoddSO15Q